Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Walking.

I went for a walk last night. It was around 7:30 in the evening. On my right, heavy gray clouds loomed just above the dappled tree tops. On my right Mother Moon and her bright white belly emerged three-quarters full and glowing. Electric lights twinkled on the far horizon, a little too close for my comfort, they twinkle just the same.
The trees are turning but the weather is not cooling. Not yet. This means the leaves hang on to their branches a little easier. This means their vibrancy can be consumed by the eye without the sting of cold.
The potato fields smelled like their offerings were about to fade back into the dust. But, the moon kissed the soil and brought out all the browns it could. It was dusk. Colors where alive. All alive.

A photo would have been so much easier. Alas, I forgot my camera.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment