Friday, August 20, 2010

She's Come Undone


It's all crazy. Hazy. Backwards. I am veering to the left when I was sure I was going right. I zagged instead of zigged. I flipped. I flopped. I got off the damned train.

... and so? if you already know me via Facebook, then you will know the secret is out. I've decided this is the year I am going to go to college. I've toyed (to put it mildly) with the idea of pursuing something in the realms of fine arts, but I've decided--nay. I do not want to take that path after all. I am who I am as an artist and I like the way I work. I don't want to mess with it. It is what it is: a self-taught crazy mess of color and passion and desire and love and so on. I want to enjoy art for art's sake. I can not look at it as a full time endeavor anymore. Nope. It takes the joy and the mystery out of it for me and well... that's just not the way I chose to roll. I need art to feed me. Nourish me. I cannot look at it like work. I can't! It hurts my brain when I do!

Having said that--it is my other love, my other obsession that I go towards. What is that you ask? Why it's journalism, of course. Of course it is. I started writing a long time ago and I've stopped and started and stopped and started again. Now? I am ready to get to the pith of the industry. I want it. Badly. I want it madly. I take it, gladly.

I look back at my life and where my desire and ability to write began and I think to myself... yeah. This is it. This is what I want. This is me. I belong here. The spark that lit this fire is the real deal.

Off I go, but don't worry. I will always have musings to offer you about my art. I think it'll get a little wild from here on out... After all, She's Come Undone.

4 comments:

  1. Being undone is the root of genius! Go for it!!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling there is a little genius boiling up in me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. " I don't want to mess with it. It is what it is: a self-taught crazy mess of color and passion and desire and love and so on."
    I agree fully :)

    YEEEAHHHH!! I am soooooo excited for you. You. Are. Amazingly. Talented.
    Come right undone, I can't bloody wait xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete