Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Debauchery: A Little Good and a Little Evil.

I am no saint but I sure know how to get into the holiday spirit. I've been practicing for 33 years now. For me, this year, Christmas is about dropping all illusions of perfection (there is none) and embrace the Yin and Yang of life. Or so I am going to tell myself (evil grin).

This year I plan to:

Make the following tomorrow:
Rice Krispies Squares.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate ice cream pie complete with chocolate fudge syrup.
Allow my children to eat junk.
Watch a hundred movies.
Play video games.
Drink juice.
Eat turkey.
Skip school.
Stay up all hours.
Sleep on the couch.
Eat candy-canes for breakfast.
Play in the snow.
Go sliding.
Wear really functional winter boots.
Shop.
Listen to nauseatingly cute Christmas music as sung by Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Worship our tree. Just a little.
Savor gaudy lights.
Drink coffee.
Cocoa.
Beer.
Wine? Maybe.
Drink the traditional bottle of Baby Canadian given to me by Ian's dad.
Eat a home made, traditional cheese ball as given to us by Ian's mom.
Put up all the handmade gifts ever given to me by our families.
Laugh long and hard at anything and everything funny.
Unwind.
Wear my new black dress.
Enjoy Christmas dinner/Christmas Eve feast at my Mom's new house.
Have myself a Merry Little Christmas.
Say a thankful prayer.
Think about Baby Jesus.
Think about mangers.
Think about the stars.
Sleep in.
Sleep in.
Sleep in.
Love.
Dance.
Smile.

Live.
Celebrate.
(A-hem).

And do it all again on Boxing Day.
Well, most of it anyway.

Let your little lights shine! See you in the New Year!


Jody

3 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas. Enjoy.

    I like your blog color. Pls visit my blog also
    http://myincomebridge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete