Thursday, January 27, 2011

Out of the Blue

Oh gosh, I think I am getting older. Not that this is a bad thing. I mean, we are all getting older are we not? We are older right now than we were a minute ago in fact. Maybe I mean I am getting wiser (could it be?) and I will tell you why. It's because I've finally learned the joy of simplicity. I used to turn myself inside out just to make a painting. These days I take a laid-back approach. I let it flow because I have found a nice rhythm. And so it goes...

One thing I would like to focus on a little more is making good food. I admit I am not a planner. I am a grab and go kind of gal. It just about kills me to have to stop whatever I am doing to cook a decent meal. It's a shameful thing. But, I want to get to it. I want that in my life. Or maybe it's just late (or early) and I am really hungry right now.

(Heads to freezer to grab the ice-cream)...

I also want to share with you these lovely paintings I've recently finished. I decided I would try a monochromatic-ish color scheme and I really enjoyed working within the boundaries of a limited palette much like, I am sure, Jack and Meg White enjoy working with a limited amount of instruments. Well, maybe not. I don't know. I can only assume.

Here they are. Aren't they pretty?

Yes, Grasshopper. They are pretty.




***********


"Ghost of a Flower" 
12x12 inches. 
Acrylic on canvas.
Available Here.




"Just Blue"
12x12 inches.
Acrylic on leopard skin.
Just kidding. It's canvas. As usual.
Available Here.


.




2 comments:

  1. Great colours! I've been beading these shades lately too... we must be ready for winter to END!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am actually really enjoying winter and I don't want it to end... yet. I think I was a penguin in my former life. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete