Monday, January 10, 2011

Perfect Praise




I suppose nothing beats an actual art show when it comes to showing your art. In my limited experience, the art show is something I have never been very comfortable with. As I get older and become more protective of what I like and what I don't like I realized that an art show opens the door to a lot of headache that I, personally, am not interested in at this point in my life. Maybe in the future I will take a vested interest in art shows, but for now-the on-line market is treating me well and it fits my lifestyle perfectly.

I've had a great Christmas/New Year's holiday. My husband and I threw a little party for our kids last night and it ended with Ian and I wailing at the top of our lungs to all the Flogging Molly songs we have in our possession. More than a few happy and sad tears were shed as we (fools that we are) crooned the night away. Our kids bumbled and played all the while, trying to tolerate their somewhat nutty parents.

Earlier today we all went sliding at my sister's house. Several bruises and one major collision later and I chalk it all up to a good time. I tucked the kids in pretty late and sadly, our son shed a few tears for the end of a good holiday. He didn't want it to end, but it is ending. They go back to school on Tuesday (sigh of relief from mom).

So, back to the art thing... like I said, I have a few shows under my belt, but compared to some I am a very small fish in a great big sea. But, it's the little things that make my day. Case in point? It is the kind words and stories I've received from customers and fans (as it where) about my art. I've compiled a small list of some of the wonderful things folks have said to me about my art and I think I will share it with you.

Here goes:



--Your gorgeous product is featured on my EffectiveArt PlayDate blog.
jeanettegibson.blogspot.com/2010/11/paper-cuts-art-or-craft.html


--Hi Jody! I LOVE your artwork! I am a newly licensed midwife in CA and I am creating a website and I am wanting to use and image your painting "Mother Of”...


--Hi,
I featured your beautiful artwork in my treasury :)
Merry Christmas!


www.etsy.com/treasury/4d1364778e8a8eef76f0f0ab


--A friend of mine went soul searching and spent a night in a forest to discover herself. The next morning chickadees surrounded her and gave her inspiration. The chickadee was always her favorite as a child. The picture speaks many words and she'll love this painting...its amazing how lives can cross. Merry Christmas and I'll add you to my favorites.


--That painting is amazing! I really love your stuff. I have my heart set on the two pregnancy prints though (the same ones I purchased for my midwives). I had always wanted four kids, but I had a very close call following my last baby's birth so I think we're going to have to settle for three kids. It makes me sad though everytime I think about it...and for some reason, your beautiful belly pics make me happy. So I definitely want one (or both!) of those prints....just need to figure out where I'll put them in the house so I can figure out the best size.


Thanks again - the midwives really loved the prints as well. And it's great too that you're a Canadian artist.


--Your work is beautiful! Everything I've spent years trying to find!


__________________________________________________________________________


Did I mention how proud I am of these compliments? I consider myself blessed to be able to still make my way as an artist after all these years. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment