Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time to ThiNk

My day started out in a lovely way. We had pancakes, homemade grape jelly, blueberries, coffee and orange juice for breakfast. It was nice. I decided I would take advantage of the beautiful day and trekked through the woods in almost waist deep snow (which means it would have been knee deep for normal people). It was beyond nice.

I've been reading The Rape of Europa. I have a lot of thoughts on this book so far. I haven't had the mind set to go off on one of my (in)famous rants, but I feel one brewing and when I am finished the book I am sure I will have lots to say. As it stands, other than the visual stimulation I try to provide by the way of photographs and paintings, there isn't much happening by way of real pithy writing material here lately. It's because my muse took wings and flew away like a starling. But that is another story for another time and place. Not here. Not now.

Not enough quietude in my life. Not enough time to think. Or something like that.

Anyway.

Two paintings I finished today because I am a painter after all.

Et Voila!

"Baby Mother Moon"
12x12 inches.
Acrylic on canvas.
Available here.







"A Storybook Kind of Day"
16x16 inches
Acrylic on canvas.
Available here.





No comments:

Post a Comment