Monday, February 14, 2011

Incision

As I have mentioned (probably ad nauseam) both of my children were born via c-section. I've never touched on the subject with my artwork until now.

 I thought and I thought for several days about how I could put into image form how I felt about my personal birth experiences. I didn't think I could give it justice because there is just so many aspects that deserve attention in the process of this kind of birth. Courage is definitely one. Pain. Blood. Cutting... Fear. Love. And so on... I stayed with it and eventually "Incision" seemed to almost complete itself.

I hope you find something meaningful in this latest addition to my Birth Art Collection.


"Incision"
8x12 Prints available HERE.






For more on the topic of Cesarean Birth (and a place to find a little encouragement about it) please visit this link


To read a little more about what I have to say about Cesarean Birth and birth in general please stop by here.

No comments:

Post a Comment