Saturday, April 23, 2011

More About...

Who takes pictures of their bathroom anyway?


Things are decidedly calmer today. I am making excellent progress with the business of unpacking and placing. I am one of these "a place for everything and everything in its place" types... and now I can really do that. Find a place for everything. Organizing gives me great pleasure because I am a geek, through and through.

If I were to attach a meaning to this sudden change and how it worked out so well and so quickly I really couldn't say what it would be. There is too much to consider. As for my mind-set as an artist? Well, for almost a decade I've constantly thought about how when where we would expand our old house. It was so small. Too small. We made the best of it for a long long time and it will always be lovingly referred to as our Little House (my daughter coined that phrase) but it is so good to know my kids now have the room they need to bounce around. To grow. To explore.  I am curious to see how these changes will show in my work in the coming months. I have a solo exhibit in September so hopefully when I am able to dislodge the inherent sense of yearning for more space I will be freer to create than I've been in a long long time.

And I cannot even tell you how much I am enjoying having my own bathroom. I spent an full hour in there this morning folding clothes, organizing (more and more) and by the time the rest of my family woke up I was ready to embrace the day. Ahhh.... I may get to know myself again. How nice.

One thing I have noticed is how shy I feel with all these people around--the store across the street is super crazy busy all the time! I am used to being alone and I mean alone. For hours and hours and hours. Now I feel like there are eyes watching watching watching. I feel sensitive to that. I think it will take time to get used to it. On a positive note, the grocery store is two minutes away by car.

How sheltered am I to feel so much in such a small town? Ha! It's probably a good thing that I came down off the mountain when I did or else I would soon have become a hopeless recluse for life.

My son just turned ten years old. Happy birthday Little Manny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment