Monday, May 30, 2011

When Sorrow Spills Over...



I was too young to say I am sorry.
Sorry you lost your father.
Sorry your heart was broken.
Sorry you were so little and I was so little I almost didn't exist.
I bounced back somehow.
You never bounced again.

I have always kept one eye open.
One eye open and on you at all times.
To see if you were okay.
You never seemed okay.
Ever.

What could I have done?

I miss your silly giggles.
I miss your soft and gentle ways.
I miss the real you.

I have loved you all my life.
I will never stop.
I will be there.
I will try and try and try again.

I will bind the sorrow.
I will pray.
I will cry.
I will hope.

Blood runs thick and red.
Life runs out and away.
Lives are forever changed.
A hole develops the size of a canyon within the heart the size of an egg.
A tiny egg.
Fragile.
Cracked with no glue to mend it.

I want you to heal like I have healed.
I want all the best things in life there are to have.
I want your eyes to shine with life again.

He loved you.
He would never leave you on purpose.
He was just a kid.
A silly boy.
He was our Dad.
And is. And will always be.

And you are my sister.
My friend.

I love you and I always will.

Sometimes the sorrow spills over.
Sometimes it pours down like rain.
Let it flow.
Let it go.
Breathe in new life.
Be free.


No comments:

Post a Comment