Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board


 On drawing, frightening crap available on the internet and rethinking rash decisions: here are my thoughts for today...

You know how we are always telling kids they won't know if they like something until they try it? Well, it still applies to adults. I closed my Etsy Shop for a while... not long. A week or so. It was liberating at first and after seeing the horrors that go on via the site Regretsy I thought maybe it was time to abandon ship. I don't want to be considered part of that--whatever it is! Don't I spook easily? But seriously... when there are categories (fitting categories I might add) entitled Vaginas, Dead Things, Whimsical f***ery and so on based largely on the stuff people are hawking on Etsy these days, well? A girl has to stop and take stock of the world around her.

I immediately jumped ship. Now, however, I've had a few days to think about this and I am over the initial shock of the dead frog purse and the globe wrapped in lace (both still available I think) highlighted on Regretsy as a sample of the strange (read grotesque) items you can indeed find on Etsy. Has the world gone mad? Handmade? Or Hellmade? It's crazy, man. I am tellin' you!

If you are in need of a good belly laugh, check Regretsy out. It's hilarious. 

Back to me though because, after all dear reader, isn't that why you are here? To catch a voyeuristic glimpse into my life? Yeah? Good.

Well, as I mention in my last post, Ian bought me a sketch book and I love it and it's been a long time since I have felt like drawing. I took a stab at it this past week and I remembered all the tricks and came up with a couple of interesting images. Once I completed the one below (woman holding a baby) I realized how boring it is having nowhere to show my stuff off. So, I re-opened my Etsy Shop because I missed it more than I care to admit. 

Here are my newest drawings. Feast yer ayes.


                                       
Available HERE.

That's the way it goes though, isn't it. You never know if you are going to like something until you try it and that may be the thing that separates mankind from superheroes. Or not. I tried not having an Etsy Shop and I did not like it. 

Oh! One more thing--I've started watermarking my work. It just seems like the right thing to do.

                                       

This is my angel-lady with a half-faced mask drawing. Meeooow.
Medium? An HB Pencil and a cheap piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment