Friday, July 22, 2011

Humming Birds~!

I am still working on my other painting (Rob-don't worry!) In the meantime I thought I would show this one to you. I painted this during the two-day Paint the Heartland event. I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever managed to finish a painting I was happy with while attending this show. You have to paint outside in front of whomever decides to wander by your table and that is a far stretch away from my comfort zone. I am usually alone, in my studio, music blaring and curtains closed. So, to manage a painting I can feel proud under these circumstances is a huge leap for me. I mean, it only took me about six years to get to this point. Not too long at all... :)


Humming Birds 
An original painting.
Watercolor on Arches w/c paper. 
16x18 inches.
Available here.






No comments:

Post a Comment