Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shiny

I've been thinking a lot about layers, lately. Textures. Light. Sparkling things. Things that do not sparkle. I've been thinking about the moon and the frogs and my sister lost in limbo-space. I have been thinking of myself as an artist. I feel right friggin free. As much as ever.

Photos... you will enjoy these, I know it. They are all of the same painting under different light circumstances (no sunlit photos yet though). I've digitally enhanced several of them to bring out the subtlety of the colours (colors).

It's a spooky little number, isn't it? I used acrylics, acrylic mediums, shiny paint, paint with a bit of glitter, tinfoil, more paint. String. More paint. Glazes. Leaves. Paper. Just stuff.















I will admit, I am a little homesick for the woods. Or I could just be tired. I don't really know for sure.

"I get lonely, but I aint that lonely yet." 

The White Stripes.

1 comment:

  1. I like the shine and the apparent depth. Looks like you worked and re-worked the paint. Nice. Klimt and gold; I always look for ways to get it into the picture.

    ReplyDelete