Thursday, January 19, 2012

This Is Not The Shining



Where the heck have I been you ask? Well, for starters, I've been trying to figure out the Rubik's Cube. I am getting there. Takes time... takes time. I've been watching a lot of movies. I've been painting art cards. It's a time consuming process. In short, I've been spending way too much time on the couch in front of a television with my little box of art supplies on the coffee table. In fact, I've managed to induce a crushing bout of cabin fever which is ridiculous because all I really need to do is walk out the front door and from there I could go to the park, go to Glenn's Grocery or the post office or whatever. I could visit the railway station. I could wander the nature trail. I could... but I don't. But I will.

I am truly my own worst enemy sometimes. Truly. 

I know I am making progress within myself however. For the first time in almost two decades I had a random memory of you, Lee. And I smiled. I smiled and it was nice and that was all there was to that. I am better now. All is well. The past is truly the past. Truly. My seething animosity and my confusion and even that little stunt you pulled at my wedding seems far enough from me now that I can just forget about it. So there. Full circle. Closure. Blessed fucking closure.

So, yeah. 

Pictures of the 50 freaking art cards I have painted will be coming soon. It's just such a daunting task. So daunting... and I think I may be lazy about it. How do I photograph 50 things efficiently, I ask you?

Now these next few drawings... these have to do with music. I was listening to Tool (10 000 days) and I felt compelled to put the music to pencil. I have no idea why. I don't know what I was hoping to achieve other than having a little fun. 

I should have labeled these because I can't remember which drawing goes with which song now...

Except this one... this one I drew while I listened to The Pot. It sticks out in my mind because I like the pot. A lot.






This is a drawing (obviously). Pen and ink with pencil crayons.


And this is a funky graphic of my Baby Tree drawing. I will be ordering this pattern in fabric and then I will make something with it. I don't know what yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment