Thursday, November 15, 2012

Novel






        When I read Wuthering Heights for the first time, I didn't like it much. Then it seeped into my veins (after about two years of thinking about it). Now, for certain, it is one of my favorite stories ever. Especially after watching the 2009 Masterpiece Theatre adaptation starring the dashingly handsome Tom Hardy. He nails it. The entire cast nails it-- to me, anyway. I know there are a lot of nuts out there who would differ with my opinion, but I don't care. Above everything I've had to accomplish since September, I took time every night to read this book again for pleasure. Last night, I stayed up until 3 AM watching the film. By the time sleep found me I felt like I had been to another world and back again. It was a dream, but it was not a dream. It was a beautiful, gentle immersion. A tragic and romantic vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment