Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Drawings

  This past week has been a great one. Christmas was a lot of fun. I have been reading reading reading! for an exam in January. Let me just say that early to mid 19th century Canadian politics are about a dozen shades of grey, not like my CNN American politics. Black and white. Democrat or Republican (so it would seem). No. Here we have a million varieties of politics written in the books. You can't actually learn this stuff on the news. Okay. Enough about that.

  I have been drawing... I've been feeling so inspired by the amalgamation of Dickens literature, Disney film adaptations of Dickens literature, and Jim Carrey's brilliant depictions of the various characters within. My mind-palette is an extreme mixture of old and new. Here and there. Then and now. Have and want. It's the funny side of life after the Christmas holidays. We must make gift giving count, it seriously sets the tone... Our home is full of reminders of "things that are, things that were, and things that will be." Ha! Eh?

Yes. New drawings: voi.


The Little Dream I Dreamed



Joy and Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment