Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January

Ever feel like this during the month of January? Pensive, alone, and swaddled?
Actually, it's been a great month so far. As for the weather? Well, it's been pretty nice, not that I've actually gone outside. That's the best thing I can say about this winter and this house; the space I've got to spread my wings, so as to speak, is a novelty I take full advantage of. If I get that boxed in feeling, I go to a new room. It's brilliant in its simplicity. This comes from living ten years in a two room house on a plot of land I (not-so-lovingly) called Weather Top. You likely don't believe me, but the winters were harsher there. The winds had wills of their own. Solitude and quietude abounded like nothing anyone younger than fifty could truly appreciate. 
I felt alone when I lived there. 
It was actually kind of scary at times. 
The shadow of a skinny dead pioneer life was not necessarily what I had envisioned for myself in my twenties.
Early Motherhood was not easy on the brink.
But, it was what it was.
And now it is done. 
And I am glad. 

These are the Daves I know.




No comments:

Post a Comment