Sunday, May 26, 2013

Images and Artwork

     This lush damp spring has caused all things green to be fully birthed in a mass of wild and jungly energy. It hit me a few days ago that it had been quite a while since I bumbled around with my camera. So, we decided to have a little date. We scoped (well, I scoped) for places that caught my eye. When I made a big enough fuss about it, Ian stopped the car, and out I went. Snapping, snapping, snapping. 
















    This next group of photos are of the newest artwork I have created. They are all 5x7 inches on Arches 140lb cold-pressed watercolour paper. I spent most of yesterday adding the finishing touches before I framed them. These beauties, and much more of my work, are heading to St. Andrews by-the-Sea where I am going to represented for the summer. This little town is one of my favorite places to visit in New Brunswick. My oldest sister lived there for quite a long time and we used to go there to stay a lot. Ian and I even "honeymooned" in St. Andrews. The last time I was there, I knew it would be the perfect place for my art. Now it's happening. I am very excited (understatement)!

   I suppose I should mention that I got an A on my French exam I was whining about a month or so ago. In fact, I wrote four exams this month and I am still alive to tell the story. Amen. Hallelujah! It got rather if-y there for a moment or two...












No comments:

Post a Comment