Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8, 2013

 

Meow Meow Meow.

  I feel like I am waiting for Christmas to arrive. Our house is going to be painted very soon and it's going to be pretty. I am waiting waiting waiting. I CAN'T wait. But I have to wait because contractors are busy people! The weather has me down today. My allergies are off the charts, which is odd because normally I don't have allergy problems. It's a glum sort of day, but things are fine. We are content. I think I may just be bored! A creativity streak hit me in earnest last week. I made so many many different things. Small stuff, mostly. I can't seem to get my head around doing anything big. I am in a small state of mind or something. So much to do!
   In all honesty, I think it is safe to say I am feeling rather burnt out. With the rush of exams last month, the rush to get stuff ready to send to Saint Andrews, and the anxiety that goes along with house demolitions that precede house renovations, I think it is safe to say that I am tired. Just a little tired. Just enough to be annoyed with myself. But, even God rested, so they say. So rest I will.
   I am not going to tell you what colours I am painting the house. You will all see soon enough. If you live in the area, you will literally see. If you are connected to me online, you will see some photos when it's all said and done.
   Summer seems so far away. We've had some warm weather, but mostly we've had rain. I don't mind rain, except that it is a cold rain and cold rain will invariably give me earaches. It's been that way since I was a child. So, going out and enjoying a wet ramble around the gardens and parks would be okay, but it would come at a cost I am not necessarily willing to pay right now. I hate earaches!
   We've had some tragic news come our way about a cousin of mine who is in a progressed stage of cancer and she's coming home to the palliative care ward. I am in such a state of shock I don't even know where to begin to process this information. It's a strange thing, grappling with one's health. My personal spiritual pull to KNOW what's on the OTHER-SIDE has been something that operates very strongly in me, so I am not totally fearful of death myself. I am very curious. But that doesn't mean I want to die. Not at all. Actually, I don't want to talk about this at all...
    For those of you who are keeping up with my academic career, be pleased to know my GPA is hovering in the 3.0 and up range. Not bad, eh? Okay. Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment