Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hamlet's Castle and RENimagines

They say that if you experience synchronicity in your life that you are on your right path. I believe in this and have seen it play out in the smallest and largest of ways. Maybe I see it and experience it because look for it. I don't know. This isn't a lesson on metaphysics anyway. This is a blog post about a friend of mine who happens to be a photographer. He happened to also be at the right place at the right time (unbeknownst to him) in reference to the synchronicity that occurred within my life based on one of his (amazing!) photographs.

I am a bit of a nerd-girl when it comes to interest in the paranormal. I watch all the ghost hunter shows and I watch Ghost Hunter International specifically. It's not the most exciting show I have ever watched, but it is informative and I like that. You can learn a lot about the paranormal by watching these shows. One episode in particular was about an investigation at Hamlet's Castle. The castle is actually named Kronborg Castle and it is in Denmark. It is called Hamlet's Castle because it is said to be the castle that inspired Shakespeare to write Hamlet. I like castles. I like Shakespeare. Pretty cool so far, eh? Yes. I watched this episode of GHI (Ghost Hunters International) quite a while ago. It stuck with me in a way that dozens of others did not. I love the vastness of the castle and the echo of footsteps as people walked down its long corridors. I was also incredibly intrigued by the chamber in the basement that closed in to a severe point/corner that was used as a form of torture for unlucky prisoners. It was so cruel in its simplicity. I was horrified by that, yet amazed by that as well (I'm not too sure what that says about me). Much to my terrific delight, the GHI crew declared the castle to be quite haunted, indeed. How perfectly delicious! What a feast for the imagination! After this episode aired Kronborg Castle became my go-to place inside my mind when I was having trouble sleeping (which I often do). I wandered its halls inside my mind and usually, after a while, I would fall asleep quite soundly. But, the trick was losing its edge.

Lo and behold, my friend Randy E. Nicholson of RENimagines saved me and my day/night-dreaming. Randy is a professional photographer. He takes wonderfully thoughtful and haunting images of a myriad of subjects. In the last several months, Randy and his wife traveled to Europe. Lo and behold, he took an amazing shot of Kronborg Castle. When I discovered that Randy was making this image available for sale, I jumped at the chance. And I also ordered a second photo of a different European castle as well (we believe it is Frederiksborg Castle).

Now here is where I plug the product unabashedly: The moment I ordered the photographs, Randy was in constant and perfect communication with me. I didn't have to chase him down for prices or sizes. He answered messages right away. I loved that. I am pretty hard to please in the world of professionalism, especially when it comes to artists, I must admit. I personally know what needs to happen between a customer and a client in the sale transaction. I strongly dislike sloppy communication. I hate it when people lie about their product. I especially hate it when you pay for something and never get it. That has happened to me once or twice before in the art world. I don't think I need to tell anyone how disappointing that kind of experience is. Well, Randy is not like that. Not at all. Randy is a professional in every sense of the word.

About the product: The photographs I ordered was so well packaged there was not so much as a scratch on them. There wasn't a ding, nor a fleck of dust, or anything at all to take away from the beauty of these images. He framed them in clean, sharp looking, black frames. The images were also double matted. Totally stunning. They arrived in perfect condition. They arrived quickly. Beyond that, Randy was extremely easy to talk to about the origins of the photos and all the other little details I was curious about, which makes these pieces even more memorable for me. I would recommend buying photography from him at any time. Anywhere. To anyone. If you would like to know more about Randy's work, contact him via his website. The images he offers are in very limited quantities so I'd hurry up and get one or two if I were you! He offers 8x12s (but may be willing to offer other sizes as well, so don't hesitate to ask).

Here's a link to his website:

RENImagines


And these are what I'm talking about:


                            


                                 

                           

                           


Beautiful! Of course, my photos do not do them justice, so please, browse his website to see them for yourself.

This has been an important exchange for me, to conclude the story I started to tell about Kronborg Castle. When I was a child, I would love to lay in bed at night and stare at the patterns in the wallpaper to help myself drift off to sleep. As I got older, the images I placed in my room got a little more complicated and usually consisted of my own artwork. Well, with this new move that my family and I made, I set my mind to the purpose of obtaining something very beautiful to hang in my bedroom that I could study while I was trying to fall asleep. Kronborg Castle was my mental playground, but I wanted something a little more tangible to the eyeballs. And along comes Randy's photograph. And now I have a beautiful photograph of the castle (and one other European Castle) to hang in my bedroom. I can study the castle and gaze through all those windows and know that they were seen through the eyes of a friend. I find that to be quite amazing. I call this synchronicity. And when it happens, it makes me really really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment