Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Process Of Doing Nothing

   

I feel kind of like a butterfly in a chrysalis. Every time I wriggle my wings, ready to set sail on the wind, something holds me back and says no. Not yet. Your wings are not ready yet. Though it is hard, I say it is just as well. I would rather end up high above the clouds when the time is right than squished against a car radiator or flattened like a pancake in a mud puddle because I was too anxious to make something happen. I choose to be patient. I can wait. It always seems like I am in the process of healing or growing or waiting on one thing or another, but I will trust the process. I will. That's not to say that my sigh is not very deep and very long--because it is. That's not to say I don't go a little crazy from time to time--because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment