Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sailboat Bathing Suit

My baby/birth related art has gone a little wild in popularity, which is wonderful. Though I still often seem to be largely ignored in my own home province (New Brunswick) concerning my birth art and my art about babies (except for a few very special commissions and whatnot), the world, particularly the United States, has been very welcoming and encouraging to me. Recently, I was contacted by a lovely lady about donations to their birth related work. She even offered me an advertising spot in an upcoming issue of a beautiful birth related online magazine called Sacred Pregnancy in return for my donation. This is fantastic! But, best of all, I have a lot of sales of my work from people in the U.S. for which I am truly honoured and thankful.

I would like to show off one of my latest artworks on the theme of pregnancy and motherhood. When I was at the beach a few weeks ago, there was a beautifully pregnant mother there. She looked nothing like my painting--she had dark hair and was wearing a white bikini-- but she inspired me just the same and what emerged was this painting, which I lovingly called "Sailboat Bathing Suit". I love how this turned out.

Prints of this, as well as many other birth/motherhood/pregnancy related art are available in my Etsy Shop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment