Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hunter



"Hunter"
This piece was inspired by my recent university studies in Anthropology. As I read about the earlier days of our human experience, I often thought about the younger generations who would have learned to hunt and kill to survive. I thought there was likely a reluctant hunter in the mix, from time to time. This piece, which is of a teenage-ish male, represents that bewildered hunter. What did I just do? He asks. What just happened? He asks. He is a little sad that he just killed an animal (he loves animals) but it is also dawning on him what it might mean to provide for his family, and that thrill is hovering just below the surface of his eyes. 

All that in a drawing that took me about 20 minutes. Now you know how my mind works. 

Prints available: HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment