Friday, August 19, 2016

Where Did the Night Go?



The


half-light



of



the

morning-time




brings

mysterious

longings

of

night.





Where

did

the

night



go?





Shouldn't

we

ask

ourselves

where

the

night


has



gone?






Shouldn't

we

be

curious




about





how

time

passes

when





eyes





are




closed




and


darkness



surrounds


us?





In

the

Land




of

the

Midnight




Sun,




I



think



I



would



lose



my



mind.





And





I



can't



necessarily



say



that



would



be



a



bad



thing.






At




least




for




a




little




while.



Days

and

nights





have

blurred.




Work.



Sleep.



Work.



Sleep.



I


hate


this


vicious

cycle



at

the

core



of



my





being



though



I



can



dwell



within



it



for


a




long




long




time





these


days.


I



hate

that

the

world

is



geared

towards

the

necessity

to

spend

copious

amounts

of

time

earning

copious

amounts

of

money

to

spend

on

things

you

don't

actually

have

time

to

enjoy.






I

would

do

well

as

a

minimalist.





I


think.






I

could

sit

for

hours


in

a

room




with

some

paper

a

pencil



and silence.



No


schedule.


No


pressures.



Just

a

window

or




two.



The



sun




and



the


moon



to

keep

me



company.


Then

maybe

I

would

not

wonder

where



the




night




has







gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment