Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Coloured Ink

Back at it again...

Ink on 140lb cold-pressed watercolour paper.
Work in progress.

From the bottom up.



The winds that generate the cyclical nature of this strange and wonderful plain we call life blew quite strongly in my direction yesterday. I remember driving to work, thinking about how much I hate my e-mail account because it is so slow and clunky and annoying (deep thoughts, yes). Then I went to work and forgot about it for the day. By the evening of that same day (and it is early morning of the next day as I write this) I received two strange and wonderful e-mails in that same annoying and clunky email account. They contained delightful and surprising news. Firstly, I was invited to compete (as an artist) for a studio spot (and paid living expense and a show and all of that stuff) in New York City and secondly, I was invited to exhibit my work at a conference in Atlanta, Georgia. 

Via my Facebook page I was also asked about having my artwork published in a book. 

This seriously happened all in one day. It happened yesterday. 

The pessimist in me believes nothing will come of any of this. 
The optimist in me is flattered I have been put in the position to have to consider it all in the first place. 
The realist in me says a trip to Atlanta or New York isn't going to happen in my life again any time soon for a million different reasons. 
The idealist in me says never say never. 
The economist says: yeah, right. 
The mother in me says plain and simply: no. 
The wife in me says: kill four birds with two stones and have a second (and third) honeymoon. 

 The artist in me says? 



The artist in me says?



The artist in me says?



The artist in me says?




The artist in me says?

...

...

...


The artist in me says...





Bring it







No comments:

Post a Comment