Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Path of Nostalgia

On the day my grandmother died, I found a box of photos that were taken just before the digital age really took hold. I also found photos that I had forgotten I had. I think I must have been subconsciously hiding them away until just the right time. That time is now I guess. The path of nostalgia eases the pain of grief.

Things are going alright. My son has put in a couple of days at his summer job already and he seems to like it. We are getting to know our neighbours and we are settling in. Everything feels completely new, but not in a bad way.

I broke down at the grocery store the day of my Gram's funeral. That's what they get for playing sappy 80s music! Gets me every time! Ha! I couldn't help myself and I felt very sorry for the cashier who had to deal with me. But, as most Saint John folks seem to be (most, I say), she was kind. I got out of there as fast as I could and my family just kind of let me be. Everyone just carried me through the day with their normalcy and really, nobody knows exactly how I felt about Gram but me. So they just let me cry and kind of gently pulled me along and they didn't ask too many questions or expect me to talk much about it and it helped. I do not enjoy being the bleeding heart I used to be.

I found out I actually did pass my Astronomy exam (barely, barely, barely) so I now look ahead to the next term. Summertime is upon us, though, and I plan to enjoy that.

Wedding day. 
My nieces were not extremely excited about the event, but they sure were cute. 

Jacob


Ian and I: our wedding reception. 


\
Me giving Isaiah a kiss. 


Ian's baby sister Sam and Isaiah (age 2).


Olivia and I.

Liv doing what she does best; rolling around in her bed. xo 




No comments:

Post a Comment